Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Lisa from Starmetal Oak Book Blog!
Blog: Starmetal Oak Book Blog
1) Lisa, what inspired you to start your blog, Starmetal Oak Book Blog?
L: About two years ago I was following some a few book blogs and I was also participating in book clubs. I thought I'd like a place to post my thoughts on the books I read for these clubs, and so I started the blog! I was also interested in becoming a librarian and wanted to become more involved with books.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
L: I totally made it up because I wanted something a little fantastical but also unique.
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
L: The best part is the community. I love interacting with other bloggers, authors and other bookish people. I will always read books whether I have a blog or not, so meeting all these people has been the best part. The worst is typing up blog posts. I know, I should enjoy that right? But it can be hard sometimes!
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
L: It's probably tied between fantasy and science fiction. I just can't get enough.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
L: These are in no particular order and I will cheat by putting series:
Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
The Pellinor Quartet by Alison Croggon
Indigo Springs by A.M. Dellamonica
To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
L: I can't say I'd have a favorite author. I like so many books written by many authors. One author I'd like to meet would be N.K. Jemisin and I would ask her about how she creates her worlds and characters, what her processes are. I like knowing how things are made.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
L: I tend to listen to music but it's not something I need to do to write a review. It's more of something to keep me focused.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
L: I'd like any of Connie Willis' time travel stories to come alive because that future is just so fun. I'd love to travel back in time as a historian!
9) Currently, which book cover are you lusting over?
L: I cannot wait to read the historical Lionheart by Sharon Kay Penman. It's about Richard the Lionheart. Penman writes the best historical fiction and I can't wait!
10) Which top five blogs do you continually visit?
Calico Reaction (http://calico-reaction.livejournal.com)
Janicu's Book Blog (http://janicu.wordpress.com/)
Tynga's Reviews (http://www.tyngasreviews.com/)
Stella Matutina (http://xicanti.livejournal.com/)
The Book Smugglers (http://thebooksmugglers.com/)
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
L: To read and review books as much as you can, if that's what you love doing. Don't get sidetracked or discouraged. You might feel like you get no comments or that there's no one reading what you post, and maybe it's true, but don't let it stop you! Keep going!
- Favorite TV Show? The Good Wife
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Reading steamy romance novels.
- If you could save one book from a flood, which would you pick? Probably something by Catherine Valente!
- Judge book by cover or summary? Both!
- Favorite movie? Wow, this is a toughy...
- What do you think about e-readers? I have one and I like it. I still like printed books, but e-readers come in handy for traveling or on the go!
- Describe yourself in three words? Shy, friendly, geeky
- Which character would you like to date? Coming out of just reading Daughters of Smoke and Bone, I'd like to date Akiva. ;)
Thank you Lisa for this awesome interview!
Make sure you go visit her blog: