Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Jamie Manning from Writer's Write, Right?
Name: Jamie Manning
Age: I’ll Never Tell (Good movie. Creepy. Oh, and it’s 34
Location: Alabama (yes, it’s the South)
Blog: Writers Write, Right?
Website: Jamie Manning
1) Jamie, what inspired you to start your blog, Writers Write, Right?
JM: I had absolutely no idea that this entire world of blogging existed, where people shared their ideas and thoughts and bumps along the road to their dreams. Once I discovered it, I just wanted to be a part of it!
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
JM: I wanted something writing-related, of course, but also something catchy that people would easily remember. This was the result. :-)
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
JM: Ooh, tough one! The best would have to be getting to make some amazing contacts through other blogs. I’ve “met” tons of great writers, agents, readers, and people that I can truly call “online friends” that inspire me every day! The worst? Wow, that’s tough. I really don’t think there is a “worst”, so I’m gonna say the fact that I have to pull away from Bloggerdom (totally a word) and do other things…because I miss it!
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
JM: YA, 100%! That’s what I write, so that’s what I love to read. And I’m a horrible reviewer who rarely even remembers to write a review. Just an FYI, take it as you wish. :-)
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
JM: Another tough one! Well, the first is easy: To Kill A Mockingbird. That’s my all-time favorite book, hands-down. Then there would have to be Twilight, simply because something inside that book kicked me in the derrière and made me pursue my dream of becoming published. And I would have to bring up the rear with Frankenstein (it ranks up there with TKAM, really), A Wrinkle In Time and Old Yeller (saddest book ever!).
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
JM: Normally I would say Harper Lee, but I’ve had the esteemed honor of meeting her (she lives only a mere hour from me!), so…since I live and breathe YA right now, I would have to say Suzanne Collins, because she is sheer genius. As for what I would say? Hmm, probably something like “Uh, umm, uh…adopt me?” Yeah, that’s probably it.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
JM: Well, since I don’t really write that many (see #4 answer above) I don’t really have any Review Quirks. But to pick one, it would have to be eating. I’m a big eater.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
JM: Oh now this is a tough one. Even though the world in which it is set is abysmal to say the least, I would have to pick The Hunger Games. I love the world Suzanne Collins created, and I would love to see it come to life. Plus, Peeta would be real, which is pure icing, right? :-)
9) I see you are releasing your own novel, Blood Born, in 2012, can you tell us a little bit about it?
JM: Blood Born begins the story of Avaline, a human/vampire hybrid who has to kill vampires to save her humanity. Even though most people say vampires are dead (pun times!) in Book World, I still love them…and I know countless others do, too. So I wrote the story I wanted to write (which is what every writer should do!). For a more detailed description, you can visit my website, my blog, or my publisher's website at http://www.pendrellpublishing.com/. :-)
10) Which top five blogs do you continually visit?
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
JM: If you feel you have something to say, something to share with the rest of the world, then slide up to a computer and get creative! Blogging can be overwhelming sometimes (trying to create post after post after post is daunting!), so just remember to have fun, always! :-)
- Favorite TV Show? Current: The Vampire Diaries / All-Time Fave: LOST
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Potato chips. They’re my kryptonite.
- Name one book you enjoy but are too embarrassed to admit? A Shore Thing by Snooki. Now I’m gonna be caned or something, I just know it. (and this is a total joke, just in case any of you were thinking of hunting me down and kicking me in the shins) :-)
- Judge book by cover or summary? Summary. And even then I try not to put too much weight in it, because writing a summary is very hard to do!
- Favorite movie? Halloween (the original, from 1978). That movie still creeps me out.
- What do you think about e-readers? Love them. I have one myself. But an actual book will forever be numero uno for me.
- Describe yourselves in three words? Silly. Sarcastic. Laughable.
- Which character would you like to hang out with? Edward Cullen. We could teach each other a few things.
Thank you Jamie for this fun and entertaining interview!
Make sure you go visit his blog and site: