Tantalizing Future YA Releases is a weekly feature where I showcase upcoming YA covers. In addition, 'The Blast from the Past' section focuses on previously released books that still deserve a voice after a few years of silence. If you are inspired by this meme, giving credit will be greatly appreciated.
All titles are linked to GoodReads, if summaries cannot be found I will use Amazon or the publisher's website. Also, please note that covers may not be final. If changes occur I will replace the covers with the new versions.
- Stolen Girl: A Good Girl's Guide to Getting Kidnapped + Girl On Fire by Yxta Maya Murray (Razorbill, 7/7/11)
- Witchlanders by Lena Coakley (Atheneum, 8/30/11)
- The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson (Putnam Juvenile, 9/29/11)
- Eve (The Eve Trilogy, #1) by Anna Carey by (HarperCollins, 10/4/11)
- Just Your Average Princess by Kristina Springer (Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR), 10/11/11)
*Blast From The Past*
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
Reading Level: Young Adult
Release Date: May 9, 2006
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Summary: Francesca is stuck at St. Sebastians, a boys' school that's pretends it's coed by giving the girls their own bathroom. Her only female companions are an ultra-feminist, a rumored slut, and an an impossibly dorky accordion player. The boys are no better, from Thomas who specializes in musical burping to Will, the perpetually frowning, smug moron that Francesca can't seem to stop thinking about. Then there's Francesca's mother, who always thinks she knows what's best for Francesca—until she is suddenly stricken with acute depression, leaving Francesca lost, along, and without an inkling who she really is. Simultaneously humorous, poignant, and impossible to put down, this is the story of a girl who must summon the strength to save her family, her social life and—hardest of all—herself.
(Add to GoodReads here)