Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Aly from Fantasy4eva!
1) Aly, what inspired you to start your blog, Fantasy4eva?
A: A good mate of mine. (Staysi from Lost In Ink). Who I knew a while before we started blogging, told me one day that blogging was taking up a lot of her time, when I asked why she was never around anymore.. She seemed so passionate and into it that I knew I just had to see what all the fuss was about. As soon as I saw her blog and started browsing around I couldn’t believe my luck! Here was a place where I could do what I had always loved. Read a book and then share my thoughts on it. In a time where I knew no one who read books I found many. It was almost too good to be true.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
A: Some people take it to literal and assume I read just fantasy because of my blog name, when that couldn't be further than the truth! The title came out of the blue, but when it did come, it fit perfectly. I thought of my big-wild imagination, and how much I love something despite knowing how unrealistic it is. I; like many others, get caught up in fantasies. I am a dreamer and the blog title, for me; said just that.
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
A: Hmmm, I love the togetherness that us bloggers have. The smile and tears our thoughts and reviews can bring to people. The impact that we have on books as a whole. How we can change someone from completely not liking the sound of a book to totally loving it because of a review. Having that kind of influence is amazing and it makes blogging so worthwhile. I love interacting with authors, publishers and bloggers. I also love the fact that when blogging I truly feel I belong. There is not much of a downside to blogging apart from the bitchiness, but I have never really seen that as an issue. It's silly to think everything is going to be sweet and sugary always. Of course there is going to be drama, its just when people go to far do the problems arrive.
4) Which is your favourite genre to review?
A: Definitely YA
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
A: Gah! Can I pick seven? *puppy dog eyes* to date they would be; (In no particular order) ---
-Perfect Chemistry By Simone Elkeles
-A Thousand Splendid Suns By Khaled Hosseini
-City of Bones By Cassandra Clare
-Thirteen Reasons Why By Jay Asher
-The Book Thief By Markus Zusak
-A Great and Terrible Beauty By Libba Bray
-Across the Nightingale Floor By Lian Hearn
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
A: Khaled Hosseini. I have huge respect and admiration for his work, and anyone who can write literature like that, is someone who I would love to get to know a little better.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
A: Not anything in particular, but I have noticed that I do tend to have music on in the background.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
A: Definitely City of Bones! It would be a world that I would love to be a part of. Meeting the Shadow Hunters for the first time would just be amazing. Since the author describes their world so vividly, it’s hard to not have this strong image of it, and to not be attracted and pulled in by it.
9) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
A: Where She Went By Gale Foreman and oh my gosh! Luminous by Dawn Metcalf. The cover is just mesmerizing!
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
A: I can’t just give you five because seriously there are a few specific blogs which I visit daily. Ironic enough, many of the bloggers below happen to be people who started of with me or were there supporting when I first started. Its funny how after such a long time we have stuck by one another side. It’s one of the reasons I believe that a new blogger appreciates long after they are settled in - those who were there when they needed that push. I remember every single one of them and have the utmost regard for them because of it.
La Femme Readers (Thank u babe!)
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
A: Great question. I would tell them firstly to not focus on making to many friends but the few who are loyal and those that they know will stick by them long-term. I would tell them to not worry about comments or about how many followers you have. (I know it’s hard not to. But seriously just don’t) you might be surprised to find that just when you have settled in comfortably, and have found your niche with blogging that the readers flow in. Sometimes things are just strange like that. Most of all though, have fun. That Is what blogging is all about and it’s important to remember that.
- Approximately, how many books do you own? Oh gosh. You know I only started buying/receiving books a few months back, and I am amazed when I see my shelf overflowing with books. I feel quite proud of it really, I made up for years worth of lack of book buying within months! I went crazy a few weeks ago and bought more than 20 books, my parents were horrified. LOL but a girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do:D So, I never thought of counting them, but I will get back to you on that one :)
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Watching Jersey Shore, although It is and it isn’t. Well, it doesn’t stop me from blabbering and squealing on twitter every time its on anyway! What's the latest time you stayed up reading? Ahhh very late, around 6am? :)
- Judge book by cover or summary? I really do. The synopsis definitely has to win me over, a not-so-great cover can be off-putting, but as long as the synopsis clicks with me then it's enough. .
- Favorite snack? Let's just say I live of Tea and Cake!
- What do you think about e-readers? Never had any intention of buying one. I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. There is something about holding a book in my hands, the smell and feel of it. The excitement of turning over the first page. Loving the cover, reading the synopsis over and over again, nothing compares to that. You can never get that experience with an e-reader. Although I have nothing against them, it’s not something that I would make the effort in buying.
- Describe yourself in three words? Loyal, Caring and Reckless.
- Which character would you like to ask out on a date? I don’t ask hunni, but if they were to ask me there would only be three that I would be interested in, being; Alex Fuentes, Jace Wayland and Damon Salvatore. Hubba Hubba! :D
*Where The Blog Magic Happens*
"So this is typically what my blog work place looks like, I pretty much always have Tea at the ready and sometimes, a slice of Cake or Cookies or Chocolate.! It just sets me in the mood and relaxes me."
Thank you Aly for this fun interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: