Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Theresa from Fade Into Fantasy!
Name: Theresa Cole
Location: Cheboygan, MI
Blog: Fade Into Fantasy
1) Theresa, what inspired you to start your blog, Fade Into Fantasy With Feathers, Fangs, Fur and Fae?
TC: I'd had a blog for over a year that I used to promote the handmade goodies that I made. My posts were few and far between, and then I found something that I just couldn't shut up about... BOOKS! I knew that I had to tell someone about the fabulous books I was reading, and to be honest, I didn't care who I told. LOL I'm pretty much a hermit, so my blog allowed me to blabber and spew all of the book thoughts in my head that I couldn't release otherwise. :)
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
TC: Every time I read a good book, I feel as though I am escaping into the world the author creates. Since I love everything fantastical, "fading" into the fantasy worlds created by authors made perfect sense.
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
TC: The best part for me has to be knowing that I'm helping (even in the smallest way) to spread the word about the phenomenal books that I find. If I can help one reader find a book that they love, I'm happy. ;) The worst part would have to be those days that I don't get any comments. Although I'm a very loving, fun person, I have a horrible self esteem problem that makes me doubt my abilities sometimes. When I don't get comments, that self doubt spikes and I wonder if people don't like what I'm posting.
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
TC: Paranormal romance, hands down! I also love a great urban fantasy, but paranormal romance will always be my favorite. :)
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
TC: I just rediscovered my love of reading about 6 months ago, so I haven't read all of the series that most other book bloggers have. That being said, my current faves are: "Danann Frost Falls From Grace" by Joanne Valiukas, the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (cuz I can't pick just one), the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (again, can't pick just one), Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian, and Salem's Lot by Stephen King (the first vamp book I ever read.. hold a special place in my heart. lol)
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
TC: Without a doubt, Joanne Valiukas. I've gotten to know her through facebook, and I simply cannot wait to hug her in real life! I would probably say... "Now let's go find that publisher!" lol
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
TC: Not while writing my reviews, but I do write them as soon as I finish the book. Literally... I set the book down and start writing the blog post. I think it really helps me portray the emotions that I felt while reading, and I'm scared that if I waited, they might fade.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
TC: It would definitely have to be the Black Dagger Brotherhood series so that I could camp out on their front porch until one of them takes mercy on me and lets me in. Once I got in the door, I'm sure that I could win one of them over! lol
9) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
TC: I love the covers of Lauren Kate's Fallen series! Also, Andrea Cremer's Nightshade cover is stunning!
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
TC: (I'm assuming this is supposed to be "top" five) Well, my google reader has over 200 new posts in it every morning, but the 5 blogs that frequent the most are:
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
TC: Be yourself! Don't try to do what everyone else is doing because it won't work. Show some of your personality in your posts and try to write about things you are passionate about. It will shine through your words. :)
- Which book started your addiction? Salem's Lot by Stephen King
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Chinese food
- Favorite bookstore to shop in? Barnes & Noble online. There's nothing better than the instant gratification of clicking "buy" and then seeing the book on my nook within seconds :)
- Judge book by cover or summary? Both, but the cover is what gets my attention first.
- Favorite TV Show? I usually don't watch tv anymore, but when I did, it was Survivor
- Which book do you recommend we all read? Danann Frost Falls From Grace by Joanne Valiukas!
- Describe yourself in three words? Obsessive, helpful, smiley
- Favorite character you'd love to have babies with? Wrath from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series! Oy... that man
*Where The Blog Magic Happens*
Thank you Theresa for this great interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: