Ah it's time for the new year's resolutions post. Mostly every year I make this list and rarely follow it. However, this time around I will make it my business to succeed in each statement listed here. If not, I'm sure it'll creep into my 2012 list hehe. Better late than never right?
2011 New Year's Resolutions:
1) Continue to blog daily no matter what. Unless I am bleeding to death and can't manage to reach the keyboard. I tend to have OCD with my blog, so I doubt that'll change in 2011.
2) Let go of my pride and find a job that pays anything, yes, desperation has set in. I guess the college degree can go out the window, thank you economy for ruining it. Plus, I need money to support giveaways and the obvious book addictions we all suffer from.
3) Move out! I'm in the process of looking for a house, must be out by the middle of next year. The crazy Greeks are driving me insane. In addition, the future hubby is constantly nagging he wants to move in already. He must be a different breed. I've never met a guy that was feigning to get married, hm I guess I got me a keeper (for the most part.)
4) I need to shed at least a good 20 pounds. I need to get my sexy back. Maybe BEA will be my motivation, must be up to par with my photo. I know, I'm weird.
5) Read more review books! If only I could read straight for a day, unfortunately I need time for my Korean dramas and TV shows. Damn my second obsession. Luckily, I always respond to e-mails fast, so I don't have to fix that problem, phew.
6) Be a better friend. I have a tendency of not calling people and just texting them hello. No no in my book. Sometimes a nice chat can go a long way. I want to show my appreciation to those who stick by me.
7) Continue to love my followers and fellow bloggers. I make it a priority to remind them how great they are. Yeah I know, shut up already....I just can't help it! I am a mush. :)
8) Learn to cook more recipes -- I love experimenting! I will master some of Chef Ramsey's dishes, I love that man.
9) Get my driver's license! I am such a slacker when it comes to driving. My fiance and I already own a brand new car, yet I don't have the urge to drive it. It makes no sense - I blame my phobia of car accidents. Unfortunately, I will learn to drive without a choice. My family is in Brooklyn, NY and I'll be moving to Queens, NY so evidently driving would help with the distance.
10) Last but not least, try to stay positive. 2010 brought a lot of stress and heartache which dampened my positivity. I'll try my hardest to look at the bright side of things in 2011. After all there are so many amazing YA releases coming out, how could I not smile? Plus, I am looking forward to BEA (hopefully everything is fine with my registration, blah.) I can't wait to see my blogger crew (Sherry, Emily, Taschima, Lexie, etc.) and also meet more bloggers.
So bye bye 2010 - it's been cool, but it is time to move on...
I'm curious to know, what are your new year's resolutions?