Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Amber from The Musings of ALMYBNENR!
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Blog: The Musings of ALMYBNENR
1) Amber, what inspired you to start your blog, The Musings of ALMYBNENR?
A: I actually started my blog on Tumblr in January 2010 because a friend of mine had a Tumblr account on which she asked a question and in order to respond, I thought I had to sign up, so I did this one day at a Starbucks after work and before class. At first, I posted random things and around the same time I stumbled upon a couple of historical fiction blogs somehow. After that I slowly learned about the world of book blogging and became more and more active; first, participating in memes and then, posting reviews.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
A: Musings is pretty self-explanatory but I always get questions about the ALMYBNENR part. There's no way to pronounce it; you just say each letter and it actually spells out my first and middle names in alternating letters: Amber Lynn. I use the same name on Twitter and there have been some hilarious interpretations. My favorite was Katie Alender's interpretation. She said everything she sees it she reads it as Almy Baneener.
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
A: The best parts are the community interaction and the actual reading. It's such an awesome feeling to communicate with others who understand my passion for books and reading and who I can share my excitement with when others in my life think it's just silly. The worst part? There really isn't a worst part except for the times when things come up and it delays preparations and postings.
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
A: Hmm. I really have a soft spot for historical fiction and I also find myself reviewing a lot of fantasy and paranormal books on the YA level.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
A: Oh my...what a tough question for all of us, I'm sure! Okay these are not in order and they could change...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban; Jane Eyre; By Fire, By Water; Soulless; Pink.
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
A: Another hard one! I love so many. J.K. Rowling is definitely a favorite and I think I would beg her to write seven books chronicling the lives of Harry Potter's parents and their friends at Hogwarts.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
A: I almost always have some kind of background noise. Many times it's the television and sometimes it's music. Lately, I've been writing my reviews in a notebook. I find I'm more likely to write and finish a review faster if I write it down the old-fashioned way first and then type it.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
A: I would pick Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (and the other books in the series). I love the faerie history Jenna created in her world, especially since it intersects with Tudor history. The characters are awesome and I can completely see Avalon and Faerie as I read.
9) Currently, which book cover are you lusting over?
A: Incarnate! It's breathtakingly beautiful!
10) Which top five blogs do you continually visit?
A: Google Reader helps me visit everyone everyday, but I guess I visit My Overstuffed Bookshelf a lot to link to the 100+ Reading Challenge, Candace's Book Blog, Book Soulmates, Pure Imagination, and Reading Angel.
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
A: I would tell her or him to follow other book blogs to see what is commonly done and get an idea of how to start out. I would also say, do what feels right to you and don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Favorite TV Show? Sons of Anarchy
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Days of Our Lives
- If you could save one book from a flood, which would you pick? Can I say my Kindle? No? Then I would have to say any one of the Harry Potter books.
- Judge book by cover or summary? I'd like to judge it after I read it, but if not, the summary. I learned the hard way with Fury.
- Favorite movie? There really are too many to choose.
- What do you think about e-readers? Love them! I have a Kindle. It's a great space-saver, but I still buy hardcovers and paperbacks too.
- Describe yourself in three words? Caring, smart, dreamer.
- Which character would you like to have babies with? Oh my! Um...Will from the Firelight series.
:: WHERE THE BLOG MAGIC HAPPENS ::
"About my blog work space. It changes, really. This is the sofa in the living room where I do most things on the computer, which is there on the coffee table. But sometimes I work in my bedroom and other times I'm roaming, especially when I'm writing down reviews in my notebook."
Thank you Amber for this awesome interview!
Make sure you go visit her blog: