Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Melissa Vasquez from Coffee, Books and Laundry!
Name: Melissa Vasquez
1) Melissa, what inspired you to start your blog, Coffee, Books and Laundry?
MV: It was a way for me to so call "Talk" books. Not a lot of readers around me.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
MV: Well, these are the three constant things in my life. I know everyday I wake up that I will get my morning coffee, do loads of laundry (yes plural) and read. What can I say I lead a fabulous life. Haha!
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
MV: The best part is definitely the community. Worst part would be when I feel I have nothing to say about a book other than it was alright. How do you write a review for something that was just okay? I can stare at my blank laptop screen it seems like for hours.
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
MV: I love most genres. I really don't have a favorite genre to review, but I do have a genre I dislike- Erotica. I blush like a virgin bride on her wedding day. Just can't do it.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
MV: This is hard. Let's see.. Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Little Children by Tom Perrota, Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy and One Day by David Nicholls. Funny, I just noticed all have made it to the big screen with the exception of Shadow of the Wind (would be a awesome movie).
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
MV: Another hard one..it would probably be Jane Austen. I would ask if the character of Mr. Darcy was based on someone she knew.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
MV: I never really put attention but I actually do have a quirk, I have the TV on CMT or GAC.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
MV: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because it just seems way cool. A chocolate river!
9) Currently, which book cover are you lusting over?
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
MV: Take Me Away, Stephthebookworm, Red Headed Book Child, Books by Their Cover, and Good Books and Good Wine
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
MV: Just do what works for you, and pay no attention what other people are doing.
- Do you consider yourself a book addict? Definitely, I have a little more than 500 physical books and around 300 on my kindle.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Dr. Pepper
- Favorite bookstore to shop in? Half Price Books Store
- Judge book by cover or summary? Yes all the time.
- Favorite movie? Urban Cowboy
- Which book do you recommend we all read? Shadow of the Wind
- Describe yourself in three words? Sarcastic, trustworthy, and hyper
- Favorite character you'd love to have babies with? Mr. Darcy. He's rich and I picture him darn good looking.
Thank you Melissa for this awesome interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: