Tantalizing Future YA Releases is a weekly feature where I showcase upcoming YA covers. In addition, 'The Blast from the Past' section focuses on previously released books that still deserve a voice after a few years of silence. If you are inspired by this part of the meme, giving credit will be greatly appreciated.
All titles are linked to GoodReads for summary details. Also, please note that covers may not be final. If changes occur I will replace the covers with the new versions.
- Underdogs (The Underdog; Fighting Ruben Wolfe; Getting the Girl) by Markus Zusak (Arthur A. Levine Books, 9/1/11)
- If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5) by Rachel Vincent (Harlequin, 9/20/11)
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic Press, 10/18/11)
- Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1) by Leanna Renee Hieber (Sourcebooks Fire, 11/1/11)
- My Very UnFairy Tale Life by Anna Staniszewski (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 11/1/11)
- Magic of the Moonlight (Full Moon, #2) by Ellen Schreiber (HarperTeen, 12/27/11)
- The (Not Quite) Perfect Boyfriend by Lili Wilkinson (Allen & Unwin, 1/1/12)
- Charmfall (The Dark Elite, #3) by Chloe Neill (1/2012)
*Blast From The Past*
- Epic (Epic, #1) by Conor Kostick (Viking Juvenile, 4/5/07)
Summary: Generations ago, violence was banned on New Earth. Society is governed and conflicts are resolved in the arena of a fantasy computer game, Epic. Everyone plays. If you win, you have the chance to go to university, get more supplies for your community, and fulfill your dreams; if you lose, your life both in and out of the game is worth nothing. When Erik, seeking revenge for the unjust treatment of his parents, dares to subvert the rules of Epic, he and his friends find themselves up against with the ultimate masters of the game: the Committee. If Erik and his friends win, they may have the key to destroying Epic’s tyranny over New Earth. But if they lose . . .