Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Sara from YA Vampire Books!
"Me in Gibraltar last summer"
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Blog: YA Vampire Books
1) Sara, what inspired you to start your blog, YA Vampire Books?
S: A combination of lots of free time, me reading many book blogs at the time, and a growing need to keep track of which books I had read and my opinions of them! :)
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
S: When I started out blogging a year and a half ago I wanted to do something unique, since there were so many "regular" book blogs out there (and I guess there are thousands more now!) During that time I read many great vampire books, so I decided to focus on vampires! Movies, TV series - but mostly young adult books. Hence the blog title!
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
S: Best part - I love reading all nice comments I have gotten on my blog posts, they really make my day! And of course, getting the chance to read so many great books!
Worst part - When I'm too stressed out and don't have time to blog. And then feel guilty about not posting...
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
S: Young Adult books is definitely my thing! I mostly read paranormal or contemporary books.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
S: Gosh, this is such a hard question! I would chose:
Harry Potter series - J. K. Rowling
Vampire Academy series - Richelle Mead
She's So Money - Cherry Cheva
Top Ten Uses For an Unworn Prom Dress - Tina Ferraro
Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
S: Meg Cabot - she can't write a bad book! I actually have met her, on a book signing many years ago. Sadly I was too nervous to say more than "hi" to her!
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
S: Not really. I usually start listening to music, only to turn it off later when I must concentrate on writing :P
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
S: Wouldn't it be fun if the world of Harry Potter came to life? (Now when you-know-who is dead and all)
9) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
S: I rarely lust over book covers. Sure there are some I like, but very few I really love! And none I can think of at the moment...
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
S: I have way too many blogs on my Google Reader! But five blogs I always take the time to visit are:
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
S: It's like having a relationship. Mostly fun, but it takes a lot of time! It's worth it though.
- Approximately, how many books do you own? No idea! I have lots of old books packed up in boxes, and I'm guessing I have about 100-150 books in my bookshelf at the moment.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Watching TV definitely, there are so many great shows! And ice cream. Probably eating ice cream while watching TV ;)
- Where do you purchase your books? The Book Depository.
- Judge book by cover or summary? Summary. But if the cover is really crappy I probably wouldn't read the book.
- Favorite movie? Fired Up is hilarious! I love romcoms.
- What do you think about e-readers? Never tried one!
- Describe yourself in three words? Daydreamer, lister*, guarded. (*person who makes lots of lists)
- Which character would you like to marry? Haha, only one? I'd go with Rob Wilkins from the 1-800-Where-R-U? series
*Where The Blog Magic Happens*
"This is where I should do my blogging, but I always end up sitting on my sofa instead!"
Thank you Sara for this awesome interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: