Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Katie from Sophistikatied Reviews!
Blog: Sophistikatied Reviews
1) Katie, what inspired you to start your blog, Sophistikatied Reviews?
K: My father, brother and best friend don't read and my mother only reads crime fiction. I had so much to say about the YA books I was reading but nobody was willing to listen. Once I discovered the YA blogosphere, I knew it was the perfect place to share my opinions and actually interact with others who were reading the same things as me.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
K: Sophistikatied is just the word sophisticated with my name in it. Sophistikatied. That's it. A lot of people don't understand it, but there's no deep meaning behind it, I promise!
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
K: There are two best parts - the opportunities and the people. I've done so many wonderful and exciting things and have met so many amazing people since I began blogging. The worst part ... writing negative reviews. Being honest is a must, but it's never easy knowing you might potentially hurt feelings.
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
K: Fantasy! I'm a huge fantasy fangirl.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
K: Massive by Julia Bell, Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce and most recently added - Divergent by Veronica Roth.
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
K: For awhile, my favorite author has been Alexandra Bracken. Brightly Woven was incredible and following her Twitter/blog, she just sounds so awesome. I actually don't think I'd be able to say anything. I'd probably be starstruck.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
K: I have to read every sentence that I write out loud. Sometimes if I'm listening to music or watching something on television, I'll accidentally write something I hear and the whole review will be an embarrassing disaster. So I re-read it probably five times before I post it, just to be sure it sounds sane.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
K: This is tough because some of my favorite fictions have such harsh worlds that anyone would be crazy to want alive. But I'll say Harry Potter. Not with the evil Voldemart part or anything, but the magic and spells and everything that makes HP amazing.
9) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
K: Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake, Daughter Of Smoke And Bone by Laini Taylor, Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst and Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison. Those cover designers are all absolute geniuses.
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
K: If you're doing it for the free books, don't do it at all. You'll find that it's hard work and time consuming, almost like a job. But if you love reading and love sharing your thoughts, it'll be like the best job you'll ever have.
- Approximately, how many books do you own? About 150-200. Somewhere around there. I haven't counted, so I can't be sure.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Power Rangers Samurai. Yes, it's a kid show and yes, the acting is horrible. But the red ranger is gorgeous and the witty banter is hilarious.
- Where do you purchase your books? Amazon/Book Depository.
- Judge book by cover or summary? I judge by covers. I think everybody does, even if they don't want to admit it. Ultimately, the cover is what draws your eye. And its lame that I do it, but if I think the cover is ugly, I walk away and move on to a pretty one instead.
- Favorite movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- What do you think about e-readers? I'm neutral. I don't mind them, but I don't foresee getting one. And if I do get one, it'll be to read e-galleys only. No amount of fancy technology will replace my love for physical books.
- Describe yourself in three words? Curious, childish, weird.
- Which character would you like to marry? As much as I hate doing this, I'm going to have to break up Rosie and Silas from Sisters Red so Silas and I can run away and get married and have tons of babies. Sorry, Rosie!
*Where The Blog Magic Happens*
"About my workspace: This is where the blog magic usually happens; the messy, unorganized bookish corner of my bedroom. It's not professional or anything, but it's comfortable and it works just the same!"
Thank you Katie for this fun interview!
I love your taste in books and The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my fave movies too. :)
Make sure you visit her blog: