Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Ashley from Redefining Chaos!
"As for my work space, I guess I can't take a picture of one because it's everywhere. That sounds cheesy, but I write where I can, even if it's a few sentences in an app on my phone."
Location: Columbia, SC
Blog Name: Redefining Chaos
1) What inspired you to start your blog, Redefining Chaos?
A: I used to blog frequently when I was younger, but I hadn't felt compelled to write in the past few years. However, there was a movement among many people, both online and off, over the controversy of the banning of Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Long story short, I felt inspired. I decided to write again, starting with my own experiences.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
A: Chaos is disruptive. It's confusing. It's generally considered negative. But that's life. Experience is a good thing, so I try to even view the chaos in that light. I also have the tattoo 'redefine' on my wrist, a reminder that everything is a matter of perspective. That I have control of how I feel about my life, including the things that happen to me.
3) What is your favorite and least post thus far?
A: My favorite is probably my first, The Occurrence. My least would be the latest posts consisting mostly of me rambling on about the latest in my life.
4) Do you ever consider blogging a way to release stress?
A: No doubt.
5) After reading your blog, I notice you touch on a lot of real issues. I admire how open you are and was wondering if you had advice for bloggers who are too afraid to speak up?
A: This is one of the reasons I first started my blog. I, for a long time, felt like I couldn't talk about the things I needed to say. But if we can't talk about the aspects of our lives that move us, that have helped create us, no matter how ugly or painful or difficult they may have been, what use is writing at all? It is so vitally important to speak up about what is important to each of us. It only takes one person to have courage to help another who is too afraid. You can be that gateway, the link, to helping others speak up along with you. That is what is so great about blogging.
6) Do you have any quirks while you write your posts?
A: Music is almost always present. Along with something sweet to munch on.
7) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
A: I tend to read more humor blogs lately (my favorite is Hyperbole and a Half). I'm kind of a random blog surfer for the most part, visiting blogs based on the topic I'm in the mood for at the time.
8) In your free time, what do you like to do?
A: I love going out and dancing with friends (talk about a great stress reliever.) Other than that, I enjoy a good book, of course. And video games.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Sleep.
- Favorite store to shop in? I'm truly not a big shopper, but I do quite love Body Central.
- Do you have any addictions? Caffeine. Airheads (the candy, obviously).
- Favorite movie? Changes often.
- Best book ever read? I can't possibly choose one. That's what I love about books. There are so many "bests" out there! One I can always reread, though, would be Wuthering Heights.
- Describe yourself in three words? Dedicated, caring, goofy.
- Favorite celebrity you'd love to have babies with? Oh man! Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
Thank you Ashley for this great interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: