Blogger Fame is a meme that features a lovely blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Misha from My Love Affair With Books!
Location: New Delhi, India
1) Misha, what inspired you to start your blog, My Love Affair With Books?
M: My love for reading and other book blogs. I loved talking about books but it annoyed my friends. No one seemed to share or understand my love for books (except my sister, who recently joined me on my blog). Then last year I came across book blogs! I realized that I am not alone after all. I think discovering book blogs was the best thing that happened to me. Now I can give my opinion about books I read without anyone telling me to shut-up.
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
M: Honestly, I did not give it so much thought. "My Love Affair With Books" was the first thing that came to my mind. I have loved books since I was 6 years old, sometimes preferring them to my friends (lol that angers them a bit). In a way, my relationship with books can only be described as a "love affair".
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
M: The best part is I can ramble constantly about books! It's my own little space to do what I want. Now that my sister has joined me , it's even more fun . I have been able to "meet" so many book lovers and like-minded people just because of my blog. Moreover blogging expanded my reading tastes. Till early last year, I would only read literary and historical fiction. Now I also read YA fiction. The worst part is that I never have enough time to give to my blog. I am still a student and college takes up much of my time. There are many times when I just want to read the books I bought myself but have to remind myself about the review books I need to read.
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
M: I am a very eclectic reader. I read literary fiction, historical fiction, YA fiction and contemporary women's fiction. I love books that are thought-provoking and stay with me long after I have finished reading the book.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
M: This is an incredibly difficult question! If I had to choose 5 books, they would be:
(in no particular order)
-The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
-The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
-The Secret History by Donna Tartt
-The Likeness by Tana French
-The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
I have to mention Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Harry Potter series too! Sorry for cheating.
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
M: Is it even possible to choose one? I will cheat again and choose two - Kate Morton and Margaret Atwood. I would probably faint if I meet them.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
M: This might sound weird but listening to my favourite movie scores (The Hours, LoTR, The Fountain, Atonement etc) really helps me. Apart from that, I like writing my reviews late at night when everyone else is asleep. I have a notebook for reviews which I carry everywhere.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
M: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Who doesn't want Mr Darcy to be real? :)
9) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
M: The Distant Hours by Kate Morton, The Pindar Diamond by Katie Hickman, Across the Universe by Beth Revis, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
M: Besides La Femme Readers - (in no particular order)
-Misfit Salon (Eclectic blog like mine. Every time I visit, my TBR expands.)
-Reading Without Restraint (Julie is another blogger because of whom my TBR is in a very bad shape! Moreover she's funny and always replies to your comments)
-Splash of our Words (They have so much of variety - everything from books to movies, music and more!)
-Pen and Paper (Probably one of the most entertaining blogs around! Tracy's posts always make my day.)
-Inkcrush (Thanks to Nomes, I have discovered the most amazing Australian YA books)
There are many more blogs which I visit regularly. I am sorry if I forgot anyone.
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
M: Just have fun! Blog because you love to not because you have to. Don't let it become a "work". Be honest - blogs with only positive reviews make me suspicious. Most of all, remember that your blog is your own - do what you want to and remember that it doesn't matter what others say or do. Also, receiving books for review is great but that's not all what book blogging is about.
- One book the next generation should read? Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (Eric!), Philippa Gregory novels (Historically inaccurate but so entertaining), cheesy pop songs, pretending to be busy when I just want to read all day and my friends want to go out somewhere (I hope none of them read this. If that happens, I will be murdered!)
- Where do you usually shop for books? Flipkart (it only ships to my country), Better World Books, Amazon.co.uk and the bookstores near my house.
- Judge book by cover or summary? Summary. Never the cover! If I love the book, that's when I love the cover.
- Favorite TV Show? Big Bang Theory (I love Sheldon!), The Vampire Diaries and Cold Case
- Which book was overlooked in 2010? Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler. Anne Tyler's books are always character driven which is why I love her.
- Describe yourself in three words? Introvert, nerdy and quiet
- Favorite character you'd love to have babies with? Haha. Robbie from Atonement by Ian McEwan. Ever since I watched the movie version, I can only imagine James McAvoy as Robbie. *Swoon*
*Where The Blog Magic Happens*
About my "Blog workspace": My blogging space is my bed. I have a desk in my bedroom but I prefer the bed. So comfy! Sorry for the unclear picture - I took it with my useless cell-phone camera. The pile of books are the ones I need to review. Then there is my review notebook, my current read (The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters) and of course, my laptop. You can even see a little bit of one of my bookshelves. That's my TBR shelf - I am a hoarder! Thanks Eleni, for having me here! (Eleni: It's my pleasure!)
Thank you Misha for this great interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: