Blogger Fame is a meme that features a lovely blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Location: England, UK
Blog: Book Sanctuary
1) Kelly, what inspired you to start your blog, Book Sanctuary?
K: It all started after I joined a book forum a few years ago. I enjoyed reading other peoples reviews so much, and I picked up so many great books because of them, so I thought that perhaps if I started writing my own reviews people might find great books they wouldn't have otherwise found. Then I stumbled across some great book blogs, and I was inspired to start my own!
2) What's the meaning behind your blog title?
K: Well I wanted something that had 'books' in it, and books are my sanctuary, and they always have been, so I thought it would make an obvious but interesting blog name. I was surprised no one else had it though to be honest!
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
K: The best thing is when people tell me that they're going to read a book thanks to my review, it pleases me to know that someone will be reading something I enjoyed because of me! Also I love finding great books on other peoples blogs, it's really opened my eyes to books I'd never have dreamed of reading before. The worst part is when life gets in the way and I struggle to make the time I need to keep my blog up and running, or when I'm going through a dry patch of not reading, and so there's nothing to review.
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
K: Well I do have a wide taste in books, so my reviews are rarely about the same thing which keeps it interesting. But I think I enjoy reviewing Young Adult books most, as the genre itself is so varied and I enjoy that I can read a bit of everything within one genre.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
K: This is a toughie!! Choosing just five books is impossible, so I'm going to cheat and chose my 5 favourite series of books:
~ Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
~ The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris
~ The Rizzoli/Isles series by Tess Gerritsen
~ The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
~ The Wolves Of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
K: I have many authors I adore but I think I'd really love to meet Maggie Stiefvater, she seems so down to earth and like a genuinely lovely person. If I met her I think I would just gush at her feet about how much I love Sam and Grace from her Wolves Of Mercy Falls books, and I would of course compliment her on being a fantastic writer :)
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
K: Well I guess my biggest quirk is procrastination! I'm absolutely terrible about making myself sit down and getting them written, I usually open my blog, and then look at every other website possible until there's nothing left and I HAVE to write my review! Then I usually put on the music from the Lost soundtracks, or something else instrumental because singing distracts me, and finally I will write them!
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
K: Oh this is hard because I very rarely read books that don't have monsters or terrible things happening! I think it would definitely have to be something supernatural, as that kind of thing really fascinates me, so I think Kelley Armstrong's Women Of The Otherworld series would be perfect! I'd love to live at Stonehaven as part of the wolf pack please!
9) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
K: Robin McKinley's Pegasus
10) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
K: Other than LaFemme of course, I also regularly visit:
2) story siren
3) 21 pages
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
K: That everybody blogs differently, so to just do their own thing which ever way feels most comfortable and not worry about what other bloggers do or don't do. I find it's so easy to get caught up in worrying about whether what you're doing is 'right' or 'wrong', because there's no such thing when it comes to blogging!
- One book to bring with you on a deserted island? The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Cheesy pop music, and singing loudly to it!
- Worst book movie creation you've seen? I Am Legend. They changed the movie so much from the book, it wasn't even recognisable as the same thing.
- Judge book by cover or summary? It's usually the covers that catch my eye.
- Favorite TV Show? Grey's Anatomy and Fringe.
- Favorite female protagonist? Elena Michaels from Kelley Armstrong's Women Of The Otherworld series.
- Describe yourself in three words? Quiet, thoughtful, geeky.
- Favorite character you'd love to have babies with? Eric North from Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries
Thank you Kelly for this great interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: