Blogger Fame is a meme that features a lovely blogger once a week. I currently have a lot of entries, once it clears up, I'll add the link to join again.
Today's celebrity is . . .
Lesley from Young Adult Books Reviewed!
1) Lesley, what inspired you to start your blog, Young Adult Books Reviewed?
L: I wrote reviews for my college newspaper and had a blast. When I saw Steph Su's blog it hit me, that I could review again. And I haven't looked back.
2) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
L: Best part is meeting so many great people. Worst? I guess the worst would be never having enough time to update as much as I'd like.
3) Which is your favorite genre to review?
L: Paranormal! Something about the unknown, the fantasy mixed with reality that I just love.
4) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
L: Archangel by Sharon Shinn (adult fantasy), Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Misery by Stephen King (adult horror), Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
5) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
L: Favorite author of all time is so hard to answer! But I guess I would say Stephen King. He's smart, funny, talented, I love his stuff. What would I say? "You were my favorite in Creepshow!" (he was in the 70s movie, lol)
6) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
L: I write them really early in the morning, so I have no distractions. No boyfriend to bug me, no phone calls, nothing. It's perfect.
7) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
L: Firelight would be pretty cool. Dragons among us? I would want to be one too.
8) Currently, which book cover(s) are you lusting over?
L: The Iron Witch and Falling Under. Whew, beautiful!
9) Which type five blogs do you continually visit?
L: La Femme (of course!), Steph Su Reads, A Life Bound by Books, YA Addict, and Confessions of a Bookaholic
10) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
L: Write for yourself, not for anyone else.
- Most embarrassing moment in your life? Competing in a Backstreet Boys radio contest. Ugh.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? The Office. I will watch the seasons while I clean, cook, anything you name it!
- Best book title ever? Off the top of my head...I really love the title Angelfire.
- Judge book by cover or summary? Cover, guilty!
- Favorite food? Cocoa puffs. Mmm...
- Favorite song of the moment? "King of Anything" by Sara Bareilles
- Describe yourself in three words? nerdy, kind, funny
- Favorite character you'd love to date? Not that he would go for me because he's in love with Violet, but Jay from the Body Finder series. He's a perfect guy.
Thank you Lesley for this fantastic interview!
Make sure you visit her blog: