Blogger Fame is a meme that features a blogger once a week. Interested in being in the limelight? Enter through this form: I WANT TO BE FAMOUS FOR A DAY!
Today's celebrity is . . .
Rochelle from Books Like Stars!
"So this is me and my little area where I blog, nice and neat. It's usually a mess of papers, sticky notes and McDonald's but I made all that clutter magically disappear."
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Blog: Books Like Stars
1) Rochelle, what inspired you to start your blog, Book Like Stars?
R: Sheer boredom and my love of books. I really needed to something to do during the day besides look for another part-time job. It's nice to see there are other bookworms out there that are just as obsessed with books as I am. Makes me feel less geeky.
2) Is there a meaning behind your blog title, Book Like Stars?
R: It took me a long time to figure out a name for my blog. With so many blog bookies out there, I needed a name that would stand out. I came across a young adult book called Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev and thought it was such a beautiful title. And that's where I got my blog name. Because books are like stars. There are millions of them, some are dull and burn out quick while others shine bright through the centuries.
3) What is the best and worst part about blogging?
R: I'm still a newbie but I think the best thing about blogging is putting yourself out there, finding interesting books to read and connecting with other bloggers who like the same things as you. Worst thing about blogging is it's addicting (I follow over a hundred blogs).
4) Which is your favorite genre to review?
R: I love contemporary and paranormal young adult books. I do read adult books also but not as much as YA.
5) What are your top five favorite books of all time?
1) Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
2) The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
3) The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
4) The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
5) Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
6) Who is your favorite author? If you had the chance to meet them, what would you say?
R: I would love to meet and have writing sessions with Laurie Halse Anderson. She has a real talent for writing fiction and creating memorable characters.
7) Do you have any quirks while you write your reviews?
R: I usually write a rough drafts of reviews in my notebook, then tweak them on the computer, while listening to music. It helps me type faster.
8) If you could make a fictional story come alive, which would you pick and why?
R: Vampire Diaries, so I can lock Elena in a tomb and take Stefan and Damon for myself.
9) Currently, which book cover are you lusting over?
R: There are so many! But if I had to pick one right this second it would be Hexbound by Chloe Neill.
10) Which five blogs do you continually visit?
1) Yours, of course, Eleni. (E: Aw, thanks girl!)
2) LitBites - Donna's reviews are hilarious and sarcastic. And I love her rants.
3) Bewitched Bookworms - Danny is such a sweetie and a fabulous blog designer.
4) The Story Siren - She gives great advice for bloggers
5) Jackson Pearce - I love her vlogs.
11) If you had to give advice to a newcomer, what would you tell them about blogging?
*Don't give up on your blog, keep posting
*Try to be a unique
*Don't blog for free books (or at least don't admit it)
*Don't be afraid to write a bad review
- What's your zodiac sign? Leo
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Watching my daughter's television shows
- Bitten by a vampire or werewolf? Vampires are the only acceptable biters
- Favorite movie? Hairspray (the remake)
- Being pretty & dumb or ugly & smart? I could deal with being ugly and smart...if I get to have fangs too.
- Favorite song at the moment? The Only Exception - Paramore
- Favorite meal? Lasagna (fuhgeddaboudit)
- Being chased by a mob of zombies or unicorns? If I'm being forced to run against my will, it better be for a good reason so my answer is zombies.
Thank you Rochelle for this amazing interview. :)
Make sure you visit her blog HERE!