For more info on Jeri, visit her site(s):
Other books by Jeri:
-Wicked Game (WVMP Radio, Book #1)
-Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, Book #2)
-Bring On The Night (WVMP Radio, Book #3) - July 27, 2010
-Eyes of the Crow (Aspect of the Crow, Book #1)
-Voice of the Crow (Aspect of the Crow, Book #2)
-The Reawakened (Aspect of the Crow, Book #3)
-Requiem for the Devil
-The Wild's Call
I was twenty-five when I got serious about it, but I’ve always been crazy about stories. When I was a kid I would read under the covers at night with a flashlight, or hide a book under the bathroom sink and pretend I had to “get a drink of water” so I could read one more page. My parents encouraged my addiction, but my grandmother told me if I didn’t “get my nose out of a book,” I’d end up needing glasses. She was right—I had to get glasses when I was eight!
2) What inspired you to write Shade?
3) Are the characters in the books based on someone you know?
4) What was the hardest part about writing Shade?
5) If you had to describe your book in one word, what would it be and why?
6) Out of all the books you've written, which one is your favorite?
7) Do you have any other projects you're currently working on? I
I’m writing the first draft of SHADE’s sequel, SHIFT, which will come out May 2011. Soon I'll be proofreading the pages of the third book in my adult WVMP RADIO vampire series, BRING ON THE NIGHT. That comes out this August. Page proofs are a fun stage, because we finally get to see the story in its final form, with pretty fonts and everything. Of course, that’s when we notice all the things we want to “improve,” but we’re only allowed to correct actual errors. This can be torture.
8) What books are you currently reading?
I’m also reading an ARC of MORPHEUS ROAD: THE LIGHT by D.J. Machale, the author of the PENDRAGON series. It’s incredibly spooky. I find myself completely wide-eyed and slack-jawed while I’m reading it, wanting to tell the character, “No, don’t open that door!”
9) Do you have anything to say to all your readers?
10) Tell us something about yourself that no one knows about.
**Thank you so much to Jeri for this amazing interview! Everyone go and purchase Shade on May 4, 2010! (Available on Amazon NOW!)**
Check out my review of Shade here