Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Release Date: Available Now
Publisher: Crimson Oak Publishing LLC
Source: Received from author for honest review
When Max Gordon found himself standing above the dying body of an innocent seven-year-old girl, he saw in her eyes something he hadn't seen in the century he'd spent roaming Earth. Her father was already dead, but there was hope to save her. Jane was her name, and already she was all he ever wanted. It was his job to bring her back, and it was his job to protect her - the biggest mistake of his life. When these four teens enter Glenwood High their senior year, no one but Max could understand the future ahead of them. Drawn together by blood and friendship, they each hide a dark secret that will soon bind them together. Max has to protect Jane, Jane wants to be normal, Wes wants Jane to love him, and Emily just wants the voices to stop...But their fate just wants them dead.
Jane and Emily were total opposites. Jane was a goody-goody while Emily was the fearless, emo girl. They both had unique abilities: Jane could see a person's death and Emily could read mind's. Throughout the book Max told us the story of how he became Jane's guardian angel by saving her from a tragic accident. The way he spoke about fate and how he belonged with Jane was breathtakingly moving. I knew from the moment he opened his mouth that he was different compared to Greg. All of the character's powers were introduced right away but, Wes's abilities were a great surprise. I had no idea as the suspense was building up. Abra is a fantastic writer and storyteller. I am so happy to have found her books and look forward to reading what happens next in the sequel, Book of Revenge coming this Summer! Overall, an extraordinary romantic, supernatural YA book with an addictive premise.
Abra Ebner lives in Washington State with her husband and two cats. She writes everyday, unable to find anything else that brings her as much joy, other than love. Her travels to England, Scotland, Switzerland and Germany, as well as her studies abroad in Australia have granted her a life full of wonder and excitement. She graduated from Washington State University with a degree in Fine Art.
Other books by Abra:
-Feather (Feather, Book #1)
-Guardian (Feather, Book #2)
-Raven (Feather, Book #3)
-Parallel: The Life of Patient #32185
-Second Chances (Fabulous Four, Book #1)
-When We Meet Again (Fabulous Four, Book #2)
Up & Coming Books:
-Knight Angels: Book of Revenge (Book #2) - Summer 2010
1) When did you first consider yourself a writer? I first considered myself a writer when I had my first published book in hand. Up until that point I always viewed it as a glorified hobby that paid for the health insurance. It’s nice to know that you really can do what you love, and one day it becomes a career.
2) What inspired you to write The Knight Angels Series? Knight Angels was inspired by my first series, The Feather Book Series. I hadn’t planned to turn to the world of Guardian Angels, but it made sense. I had a boyfriend of mine die while I was in High School, and though that was a while ago, it still lingers close at mind. When an event like that happens to you at such a young age, you find a way to cope. For me, coping meant believing in a Guardian Angel.
3) If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in the series? No. Not this series. My first series wasn’t as well calculated, but this series has already played out in my head many times. I live in a small town, and don’t often turn the television on. I instead enjoy filling my head with my own stories. Luckily for Knight Angels, I managed to keep notes!
4) If you had to describe your series in one word, what would it be? Wicked
5) Was it hard writing about death? Did you ever have nightmares during your writing process? It’s not hard for me to talk about death because of the first hand experience I’ve had. My husband also had a similar experience with someone that was like a brother to him. We regard death as something that is always there, but never something to fear. Life deserves to be spent living to the max, dwelling on death isn’t part of that, and that’s what my characters eventually come to realize—always.
And as far as nightmares go, it’s always something more like Alice in Wonderland… ha ha.
6) Out of all the books you've written, which one is your favorite? I think it’s Book One of Knight Angels, so far. I’m not titling each book in the series, hoping to keep the plot estranged. What I love about Knight Angels is the freedom. There are four main characters, and each alternate narration of the story. As a reader, you feel like you’re in the loop as the characters remain benevolent to other characters thoughts.
7) Are there any other projects you're currently working on? I’m working on a Children’s Chapter book as well—Moonlight Manor. Being an Artist, I wanted a book that could also showcase my character drawing. It’s a work-in-progress, and will be for a very long time. My other books formulate rather quickly, but this one will be my Mona Lisa.
8) What do you like to do when you're not writing? Eat Mexican food, drink wine, collect wine, dote on my two cats, ride my horse, snowboard, roll dice with my Bunco girls, and anything else a self-respecting girl with a knack for writing about death would do in a farm town!
9) What book are you currently reading? eautiful Creatures, The Magicians, and The Emerald Talisman. I like to read multiple books at a time. It helps to keep things mixed up.
10) Do you have anything to say to all your present and future readers? I love fans, and I always make a point to reply! (even if it takes two hours a day) My fans are involved in all processes of my writing, from giving me their opinion on plot, to cover selection. I even have one fan that will be featuring a poem of theirs in Knight Angels.
11) What's the most craziest thing you've ever done that you wouldn't dare share with others (besides us of course hehe)? That I probably drink too much wine, and I don’t often shower before noon… ha ha. At least I do work out daily, and it helps to offset all those calories!